The capital of Colorado, Denver, is perched precisely 1 mile above sea level, which is how it got its nickname as the Mile High City. As one of the highest cities in the USA, the views of the Rocky Mountains to the west and the High Plains to the east are breathtaking. Add on the fact that this city gets on average 300 days of sunshine annually, it is an ideal travel destination all year long. It makes perfect sense that will all that beautiful nature and sunshine that outdoor activities are the main highlights of the area. In the summer, you can hike, rock climb, and bike while you can ski, snowboard, and snowshoe across the white wonderland in the winter.
For days when you don’t feel like braving the outdoors, there are a plethora of kid-friendly museums, sporting events, and stores, like the Hammond’s Candy Factory, just waiting for you to explore!
- Learn how to rock climb with the Denver Climbing Company Outdoor Climbing School
- Cheer for the Colorado Rockies or the Denver Broncos
- Learn and interact with exhibits at the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
- Hike or drive to the top of Mt. Evans
- See a show at Adams Mystery Playhouse
Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Related Denver Road Trips