While Cheyenne is not a huge city, this capital of Wyoming has much to offer visitors. One of the best parts of visiting Cheyenne is the ability to learn about Wyoming’s history and the people who lived there long ago at its museums, including the Wyoming State Museum, The Nelson Museum of the West, the Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum, and more.
You and your family can continue learning about the American West by seeing the bison at Terry Bison Ranch, learn about the importance of cowgirls at the Cowgirls of the West Museum & Emporium, and experience the oldest livestock ranch in the USA, the Wyoming Hereford Ranch.
If you need a break from the wild west, the whole family will love touring the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens and the Paul Smith Children’s Village within where children can learn about sustainability as they play.
- Stroll by the brightly colored flowers of the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
- See the bison roam at the Terry Bison Ranch
- Enjoy a ride on the Cheyenne Street Railway Trolley
- Take a photo with a pair of 8 ft tall cowboy boots
- Witness the stunning architecture of the historic downtown
Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Related Cheyenne Road Trips