Calgary, located in Alberta, Canada, is an urban metropolis with a young and diverse population.
Calgary is a blend of a lot of different things, but one part of its culture that stands out is its deep roots with the Wild West. Each July, this city hosts the Calgary Stampede, a good ole fashioned rodeo that the entire family will enjoy.
Despite its cowboy roots, Calgary was named Canada’s cultural capital in 2012 due to its large number of outdoor art installations. While wandering the city, keep an eye out for the unique artwork and stop in at its fascinating museums!
Calgary’s young demographic ensures that there is always something fun to do, from watching a hockey game to seeing a live music event to eating at a charming restaurant.
You will never be bored in this delightful city!
- See a 360° view of Calgary from the Calgary Tower
- Learn Calgary’s rich history at the Heritage Park Historical Village
- Go window shopping on 17th Ave
- Scream on a rollercoaster at Calaway Park
- Take a day trip to Buffalo Jump
Related Calgary Road Trips