About Yosemite National Park
In 1864, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Yosemite Land Grant which later led to the creation of the Yosemite National park in 1890. Since then, the Yosemite has become one of the most popular national parks globally, with over 3.5 million visitors each year.
Many adventurers come from across the planet to spend time exploring the park. Here you can go waterfall hunting, smile in awe at the famous viewpoints, walk among the giant sequoias, bird and wildlife watch, and hike or horseback ride through the trails.
During the winter, you can enjoy the snowy wonderland that the park becomes by going ice skating at the Half Dome and eating s’mores over a fire pit.
Don’t forget to stop by Pioneer Yosemite History Center, the Visitor Center, and the nearby town of Mariposa for a well-rounded experience.
- Take on the challenging Mist Trail to the Nevada Falls
- Drive to the Glacier Point lookout
- Learn about Yosemite’s history at the Pioneer Village
- Go on a ranger-led activity
- Try rock climbing with a beginner’s class or take on the El Capitan if you are a pro!
Type: National Park
Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Airport(s): Sacramento or Fresno
Related Yosemite National Park Road Trips