About Rocky Mountain National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park was established in 1915 by President Woodrow Wilson. Comprised of stunning peaks, luscious valleys, and dense forests, Rocky Mountain has become a popular tourist destination for those looking to escape into the great outdoors.
Hikers flock from miles around to stroll through the vast number of interconnecting trails throughout the park. There are trails available for every kind of hiker, including those who enjoy a simple stroll to those who want to challenge the mountain with their strength and dedication. You can also hike to the stunning Dream Lake, seek various waterfalls, or simply immerse yourself in nature.
Be sure to stop by the visitor center and the Holzwarth Historic Site before heading out!
- Drive the along the 12
- 000 feet high Trail Ridge Road
- Feel the refreshing spray of the waterfalls
- Take in the incredible sites from the Forest Canyon Overlook
- Rest in the meadows along the Coyote Valley Trail
- Photograph the wildlife (just don’t get too close!)
Type: National Park
Season: Summer, Fall
Related Rocky Mountain National Park Road Trips