About Lake Tahoe
Straddling the border of California and Nevada is North America’s largest alpine lake, Lake Tahoe. The first time that you look at Lake Tahoe, the sheer size and glittering beauty of the lake will stun you.
On the lake, you can enjoy a cruise across the water as well as go kayaking, parasailing, and jet skiing. You can even experience a helicopter tour. Of course, you must also stop at the variety of overlooks, beaches, and trails to get up close and personal with Lake Tahoe’s shimmering waters.
During the winter, you can head to one of the ski resorts, where you can snowshoe, sled, ski, or take a sleigh ride.
Make sure while visiting the lake that you visit the little town of Lake Tahoe as well.
- Take a boat cruise across the lake
- Visit the Emerald Bay State Park
- Dip your toes into the lake (swimming will be cold!)
- Climb to the top of Cave Rock for a fantastic view
- Enjoy lunch in the little town of Lake Tahoe
Type: Wilderness Area
Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Airport(s): Reno or Sacramento