About Kings Canyon National Park
Settled amongst the rugged landscape of the Sierra Mountains of California is the backcountry destination of King Canyons National Park. John Muir, known as the “Father of the National Parks,” once called Kings Canyon “a rival to Yosemite.” It is easy to see why with its unique rock formations, towering trees, and that it can boast the deepest canyon in the USA.
Many tourists come to King’s Canyon to marvel at the canyon itself, to walk among the giant sequoia trees, and to enjoy the adventure activities. Throughout the park, there are endless trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. While visiting King’s Canyon, take the time to learn the history of logging in the area and imagine what it would have looked like if the trees were never felled.
- Walk among the giants on Grant Grove and Cedar Grove
- Take a picture with the General Grant
- Stand on top of the Mark Twain Tree Stump
- Drive to see Grizzly Falls (you don’t even have to get out of your car!)
- Visit Kings Canyon’s sister park
- Sequoia National Park
Type: National Park
Season: Spring, Summer
Related Kings Canyon National Park Road Trips