About San Francisco
The Paris of the West, San Fran, Frisco, the Golden City, and Fog City are some of the many nicknames for the 13th most populated city in the USA, San Francisco. This city became famous during the Gold Rush of 1849 and has stayed a USA favorite ever since.
San Francisco has an endless array of activities to do, things to see, and events to attend. There is something for everyone in this bustling city from shopping at high-end retailers, embracing the culture of Chinatown, or cheering for the San Francisco Giants.
You will also have the opportunity to relax in one of the many gorgeous parks, learn history in the museums, or simply enjoy a ride on the famous cable cars. Day or night, there will be friendly people to meet, exquisite food to eat, and more to explore than is possible.
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Take a scenic ferry across the bay for a tour of Alcatraz
- Buy a record at the Amoeba Music Store in the Haight District
- Take a ride on the famous red cable cars
- Wander among the redwood giants of the Muir Woods National Monument
Season: Year Round
Airport(s): San Francisco or Oakland